Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich :)

My two favorites foods of all time: banana and peanut butter. Even better? banana and peanut butter combined. I eat banana, peanut butter and toast almost every day for breakfast. This sandwich is a step up from my traditional meal however. This sandwich is grilled so that the peanut butter becomes nice and melty and the banana softens just enough to hit the spot. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...
Directions: evenly spread all natural peanut butter on one slice of bread (I used pumpernickle. Whole wheat is good too). Slice one banana and evenly distribute onto the bread with peanut butter. add 1 tsp of flax seed and sprinkle on top. If you want an extra crunch, add a handful of granola onto the sandwich as well. Lastly, drizzle honey on the bananas and top the sandwich with the second slice of bread. I use a sandwich maker in order to grill mine. You can use a panini press or just grill it on the stove. Make sure the sandwich is grilled all the way through in order for the banana to soften and the peanut butter to melt. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment